- My Recipes
- Mom's Recipes
- Dad's Cards
1. Best cut to use is prime rib. Allow roast to come to room temperature (a 4 or 5 pound roast takes l-1/2 to 2 hours to come to room temperature).
2. A half hour before cooking, brush roast generously all over with President’s Choice Memories of Kobe Tamari Garlic Marinade.
3. Using paper towel, pat roast dry and place rib side down in roasting pan. If roast is boneless, place on a rack to keep it from touching the pan.
4. Sear roast in a preheated oven, 475 degrees, for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and cook for 12 to 15 minutes per pound.
5. Remove from oven while slightly underdone or when internal temperature reaches 125 degrees F. (50 degrees Celsius) for rare; 135 degrees F. (55 degrees Celsius) for medium rare.
6. About 15 minutes before removing roast from oven, brush roast all over with pan juices.
7. Let stand in warm place for 15 to 20 minutes. Internal temperature will rise about 10 degrees after 15 minutes; after 30 minutes, the internal temperature may even rise by 5 more degrees.
8. Pour off any pan juices into small skillet. Add 1/2 cup of Memories of Lyon 4-Peppercorn Sauce, 3 tablespoons dry white wine and 1 tspn of Memories of Kobe Marinade. Add a little more wine or Kobe sauce if desired. Heat , stirring just until hot.
Makes 4 to 6 servings (4 to 5 lb. roast)
About standing rib roasts: A 5-bone rib roast (l0 -12 pounds) serves 14 to 18. A 3-bone roast (6 - 7 pounds) serves about 8 to 10 with leftovers.