- My Recipes
- Mom's Recipes
- Dad's Cards
Lemon And Pepper Pear Tarte
1 cup Unbleached Flour
6 tbls unsalted butter (chilled and cut in chunks)
1/2 tsp salt
3-4 Tbls Water, enough to hold dough together
1. Combine flour and salt and add in butter by hand
2. When dough resembles coarse meal, add water
3. when dough begins to hold together without crumbling, turn onto a lightly floured board and gather together. Shape into a disc, wrap in saran wrap and chill for one hour before rolling out.
Juice of one lemon after zest had been removed
1-1/2 lbs of pears, peeled, cored, and cut into 1” cubes. Mix pears with lemon juice to prevent browning and stir each time additional pears are added.
6 Tbls sugar
3 Tbls flour
zest from large lemon
3/4 tsp ginger
3/4 tsp freshly (ground coarse or cracked) black pepper
6 tbls Sugar
3 Tbls flour
2 Tbls butter
1. Prepare the crust in a 7” pan, rolling, trimming and chilling
2. Pre heat oven to 450 F
3. Combine pears with rest of filling ingredients and fill shell.
4. Combine topping ingredients blending until they resemble peas. Spread loosely over the filling.
5. Place in preheated oven for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 F. Bake until the filling bubbles and the crust browns (approximately 1 hr