- My Recipes
- Mom's Recipes
- Dad's Cards
` 5 egg yolks
3/4 cup sugar
1 envelope gelatin
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup cognac (to be used 1/4 cup at a time)
1-1/2 cups whipping cream
One ten-inch or deep nine-inch graham cracker crumb crust, baked and cooled.
2 tablespoons shaved chocolate
1. Beat egg yolks until they are thick and lemon-coloured. Gradually beat in the sugar.
2. Soften the gelatin in the water and add 1/4 cup of the cognac. Heat over boiling water until gelatin dissolves.
3. Pour the gelatin mixture into the egg yolks, stirring briskly. Stir in the other 1/4 cup of cognac.
4. Whip one cup of the cream and fold in.
5. Pour the filling into the pie shell and chill until set.
6. Whip remaining half-cup of whipping cream and spread over pie and decorate with shaved chocolate.
Graham cracker crumbs (a wax paper section or 2-1/2 cups crumbs)
1/4 pound butter (one stick)
2 teaspoons sugar.
Melt butter and mix in crumbs and sugar. With fingers, mould mixture into pie plate to form crust. Bake for 8 minutes in 375-degree oven. Allow to cool before adding cognac pie ingredients.
Above recipe will serve 8 people at least. Very rich dessert.